8/24/06

Believe it or not, I'm posting again
I never thought I could feel so free-ee-ee


Let's see if i remember how to do this. No, I don't think I do, because i'm simply using the "create" tab on blogger, rather than typing a word document and saving things. Yes, I'm bound to lose this by some weird internet interference and no one will ever believe that i actually wrote something. Oh well, caution to the wind -- I'm living in the moment. I need to blog now, and we'll see how well you all like the stream of concious, unedited entry of Janna Barber.

Where have I been, you might be wondering. Well, let's try to sum that up. In June I started a part time job at our church. 2 weeks later John and I took our first real vacation (just the 2 of us) since our honeymoon. After that lovely week in the DR, we closed on our house. Since then, we have been unpacking and trying to organize, when we are home that is. 20 hours a week doesn't seem like a lot of time, but it feels to me like I am never home.

Meanwhile, my Mom and Dad have also moved to Knoxville. Dad is coaching at Carson Newman, and Mom has lots of free time, that she spends w/ me and the kids. I keep thinking that we're going to slow down with all this spending time together, but then I remember that we have 6 years to catch up on, and I have no guarantee that they will continue to live here for longer than they have lived anywhere else in the past 8 years.

My brother's also been passing thru quite a bit and we keep hoping he will light here on a more permanent basis. The kids really love their "Unky."

I guess that leaves my sister. Poor Risha, out there all alone in Colorado, working at a nursing home. Well, she's not miserable or anything, but we all wish she was here too.

Sam started school last week, and Laney's in preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so theoretically, I have some kid free writing time. However, my house is way far from where I want it to be and w/ the new job, it's hard to fit groceries, cleaning, cooking, etc.

OK, so now I'm getting bored w/ this entry and my whining. This is probably the point where I usually start to focus on something worthshile that's shown up on screen and begin the editing process, but alas, a bubble bath is calling my name and my eyes are getting very irritable.

Please don't give up on me. I've not given up on my self. I have lots more to say and will get "write" on it, when life allows.

I know, priorities . . .

2 comments:

Heather said...

Still listening. I totally understand... 3 kids, full-time job - when they were out of school from July 28-Aug 23, I couldn't have an independent thought.
Hope to see your writing soon.

Jerusalem said...

I'll never give up friend! I visit everyday, just waiting for a word...