12/8/07

Farewell . . . for Now

I will meet you on the far side banks of Jordan
I'll be sitting drawing pictures in the sand

And when I see you comin'

I will rise up with a shout
and come running through
the shallow water

reaching for your hand


You'll have to forgive me for not really knowing much about this song; I guess I heard it on a June Carter Cash tribute album some time ago. But when I woke up around 4 o'clock this morning, it was running through my mind.

John's grandmother, Mildred Barber, went home to be with the Lord around 12 noon yesterday in Little Rock. She was ninety four years old. Her husband Graham died not quite five years ago, just before Laney was born, in January.

So I've been praying for and thinking of her children, grandchildren, neices, nephews and other family who are hurting the most at this time. But when I think of "Nene," I can't help but smile. I wish I could have been up in heaven to see her and "Papa" running --because now they can run, skip and even jump; now they can do all the things that old age kept from them-- into each other's arms. How wonderful is it to think that the first thing she has seen clearly in probably twenty years is the face of Jesus? And lastly, there is peace for Nene and an end to her many years of grief as she takes the hand of her son Benjamin, and leaves nothing behind but footprints on those warm, sandy beaches of eternity.

We love you Nene and we miss you. Don't forget to leave the light on for us.


2 comments:

scbwolfe said...

Thank you Janna. Beautiful.

Sherry

Shirley said...

You have such a wonderful, God given gift. Thank you for being faithful with it.