5/7/08

"Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

Sleep is good. It is necessary for dividing of the days. Sometimes the days are so bad and when you know tomorrow could be more of the same, your only hope is 8 or nine hours of unconciousness. The computer has to reboot, the chalkboard must be erased and the watch needs winding. Sleep is the one thing that can make another day bearable. Truly, God’s mercies are new in the morning. Think about it, what’s your first thought, on those mornings when the light naturally wakes you and you don’t have to rush out the door, do you not savor that morning cup of tea? Maybe it’s just me because I’m a morning person, but the day wears me out. I often think, tonight I will write or do something creative after the kids are in bed. But usually, I veg in front of the TV because the brain cells are gone. And after a day like today, when I haven’t had a good night’s sleep in I don’t know how long, that depression demon runs over me and I am done. Nights are lonely and sad. I need sleep. I should be in bed now, but I wanted pie and then American Idol came on and I needed to know if mr. dreadlocks was going home. Just found out he was, and I will go crash into the pillows now. Thanks for reading the randomness.

4 comments:

jeanetta said...

ooo anne of green gables!!!!

Rachel said...

I've always loved that verse because, like you, I've always found that no matter how bad things are, they're always better in the morning. Oh, and I LOVE the Anne of Green Gables quote!!!

Angela said...

ha! i was just thinking of that quote yesterday.
i love randomness.

Capt. Flipout said...

I just love Colleen Dewhurst!