6/23/08

Post Father's Day Post

The last time you heard from me, life was peachy. Things quickly went downhill after my last post and by Saturday morning, I was no good. No good to my kids, no good for my husband, just bad. Bad all over. All the waiting and uncertainty had given way to some pretty restless sleep around here. Then my littlest boy decided to begin waking up in the wee hours of the morning, creating more wakefulness and irritability (mine and his). To top it all off, my little princess went and exposed herself to poison ivy. So, John's Father' day present was for me to take the ones who gave him this name, and get the heck outta Dodge!

We went to Nashville and stayed at Mimi and Poppa's for a few days. Aunt Risha was there too, along with Unkie and Val. We had a good time. We didn't do a whole lot because of the sick ones. (Ben ended up coming down w/ Roseola and Laney's rash definitely got worse before clearing up.) But I got to be with my Dad on Father's Day and we took Sam to see The Hulk. Plus, I got a week off from cooking, cleaning and laundry, all while being fed Mimi's home cooked meals. I also go to take just two (the oldest two) kids swimming one day and managed to get a little sunburned while getting sucked into a good book. All in all, a relaxing, mostly drama free week, with extra pairs of hands and arms ready and willing to pitch in and help care for the little people in my life.

We came home Thursday night and things are pretty much back in routine around here. Hopefully we can stay well and well-rested for awhile. And for the moment we are hopeful about hearing some sort of news soon. Will let you know of course. Take care now!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you got a rest!

Kimberly said...

I want to see the hunk... I mean hulk!

Sherry said...

Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!!!!

Jerusalem said...

oh sometimes a trip to Mimi's is exactly what is needed!!! Miss you!

Kel said...

well, i havent talked to you and JB much in years...but i am excited to have found your blog through his.

hooray!