7/8/08

Listen As You Read

There are many songs out there in Christian radio land which advise us to "keep our heads up" during tough times. For me, in the toughest of times, those songs simply do not cut it. The following song is one I came across (again) lately and wished it had been around when I really needed it. But then again, in those moments when I am bleeding, I don't usually want to sing anything, so who knows if it would have really helped. (Oh for the faith to "still look to the heavens") Lately though, I can not listen to this song without tears of thankfulness. And I just wanna say, looking back across the valley of these past four months, it's good to be back in the river.

verse 1
You have led me to the sadness
I have carried this pain
On a back bruised, nearly broken
I'm crying out to you

When death like a Gypsy
Comes to steal what I love
I will still look to the heavens
I will still seek your face

But I fear you aren't listening
Because there are no words
Just the stillness and the hunger
For a faith that assures

verse 2
While we wait for rescue
With our eyes tightly shut
Face to the ground using our hands
To cover the fatal cut

And though the pain is an ocean
Tossing us around, around, around
You have calmed greater waters
Higher mountains have come down

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Yeah. I was listening to that song on the drive home Sunday and thinking about the valley of infertility we've been through. Now that we're on the other side of it, I realize how much that song helped me through it. I hope I am always able to go back to it when I'm in a valley.

Sherry

Tim, Susan, Seth & Reed said...

I had never heard this song before...thank you for sharing it. I just love it. To know we experience both the waiting and that rescue in our lives. To know he is able -- "You have calmed greater waters /
Higher mountains have come down." I'm thankful also for your journey out of the recent valley and so excited for you all.