8/19/08

Hey World, where ya been?

It's Tuesday morning, over three weeks since I last posted.

I hope to finish this post before I have to leave for yoga at the Y. I'm trying to get into a routine around here. Monday, Laney and Sam will both be in school full time. My plan is to get up early, every morning, to help them, and John, make it out the door on time. And when Benjamin takes his morning nap, I will sit here at this desk and plunk away at this keyboard. Hopefully that will equal nearly two hours of writing every week day. Wouldn't that be an awesome habit for me to have? Wish me luck!

It's been a busy summer. We went to Arkansas week before last, for my grandfather's eightieth b-day. My sister did most of the driving. We had a lot of fun together, and I miss seeing her everyday. She gave me a book to read on the ride. Lots of fun, but I had to force myself not to bring the sequel home. I knew I would not be able to put it down and there are far more important things for me to be reading these days.

I came home with a head full of visions I wanted to share, but now they are fading and I regret that I didn't write sooner. I guess I will jot the ideas down in my journal to be fleshed out at a later date. I have so many ideas in there, but oh where does the time go?

Here's a pic from PaPaw's b-day celebration. This part of my family used to love to get together for "Family Suppers," where the evenings usually ended like this. Yes, that is a Heavenly Highway hymnal you see. My great aunt Sue is playing piano and we are all singing along. I wish someone had brought a tape recorder or video to capture PaPaw singing this one:


In shady, green pastures, so rich and so sweet,
God leads His dear children along;
Where the water’s cool flow bathes the weary one’s feet,
God leads His dear children along.

Some through the waters, some through the flood,
Some through the fire, but all through his blood
Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song,
In the night season and all the day long.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

That is such a wonderful family tradition! You are so blessed. I wish I had one like that I could claim. Words like the one in that song are why I love that kind of music so much. I just don't seem to find it so much in the newer stuff. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough and maybe God doesn't care as long as I'm worshipping Him.