12/25/08

A Very Merry Christmas (duh, duh, duh, duh) and a Happy New Year!

Awhile back, my writer friend Susan told me about Skirt magazine. I looked at their site and found contributor guidelines and made a mental file. Real writing has taken a major back seat these days, what with Kindergarten pick-ups and once a day nappers. But, every now and then, inspiration whispers, and even more rarely, I wake up early enough to jot it all down. My birthday, a month ago, provided just such a gift, and I looked up Skirt again. I discovered my story might fit into their theme for February, so I decided to send it in. Will let you know if I hear anything.

I've also communicated with Relevant and Geez mags. In January, little Benji is going to start going to Mother's Day Out twice a week, and I'm hoping to really get out there. Any suggestions, magazine/website wise? Seriously, I would love some feedback. 

I've also got some blog plans, possibly some changes -- still working it all out in my head. In the meantime, I stumbled across this little exciting possibility.

Lastly, please, go visit my blogging friend Angela at A Cinnamon Nest. Her Christmas Eve piece is a real treasure. See you soon!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Exciting things!!!!

Merry Christmas and we miss you guys SO much!!!!

Sherry

Jerusalem said...

Hey girl -
Merry Christmas! Keep writing and submitting - can't wait to see what you come up with! Are you going to Blissdom? I was thinking about going - I have written a few craft articles for them...

Angela said...

hey, thanks janna!

how about "Beyond" magazine?

Angela said...

oh, here's the address:
http://beyondmag.blogs.com/beyond/about-beyond.html

Rachel said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see you in print! :-)