1/7/09

Happy Birthday Laney!


Six years ago today, I got the prettiest present I've ever received: Laney Elisabeth Barber! After a mere four hours in labor, and only three or four pushes, Laney greeted us with a little whimper and a tiny wail. And my only girl, my second born, middle child has been charming us ever since.

Thanks to my Mom, Laney loves all things girly and pink. But she's such a people pleaser that she once told me she likes to wear dresses with Mimi, and blue jeans with me. Laney is usually mellow and laid back, but can be a leader when the need arises. She is incredibly friendly and outgoing, and makes me laugh more than any other person I know.                             

I love you, Laney . . . more! I hope you have a GREAT day today and an especially fun birthday party on Saturday. You deserve it -- you're the best. Thanks for all the smiles, hugs and kisses these last six years. In a world of grey, YOU are my sunshine!


6 comments:

tamsaunt said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Laney,
Happy Birthday to you.
(sung to appropriate tune!)

Love
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

i love my mommy
love laney p s

Sherry said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! We are sending you a present, but it will be late. You will LOVE it, though!!! It's pink!

Aunt Sherry

Doubtful Muse said...

Happy (late) birthday Laney!

Cousin Tam

p.s. Love the new look on the blog Janna

the hamster said...

i don't know laney yet, but i like her. celebrations are raucously in order.

Rachel said...

I love that she already has a dressy side and a blue jean side. That's the benefit of being a girl! :-)