1/27/09

Why Grace?

The Law

 1. I am the Lord your God. You shall have 

no other gods before me.

2. You shall not make for yourself an idol.

3. You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God.

4. Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy.

5. Honor your father and mother.

6. You shall not kill.

7. You shall not commit adultery.

8. You shall not steal.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.

The Confession

1. TV, Movies, Computer Screens and Books 

are sometimes my gods.

2. I idolize beautiful people -- and organized, successful ones too.

3. God's last name is not the one I've been known to give Him.

4. I’m not always holy, even when I'm at church.

5. Even when I’m talking to my sister?

6. But they want to kill me.

7. I’m glad no one sees my thoughts.

8. What if I need it very badly?

9. I was only trying to protect her, or him, or my own interests.

10. But their house, car, boat, clothing, etc. is so NICE.

3 comments:

ked said...

HAHAHA

Rhonda said...

You convict me...

Rachel said...

Love this simple, vulnerable insight. It makes us look at the 10 Commandments so differently.