2/4/09

There is no shadow . . .

Did I ever tell you about this (scroll to the bottom of the page)? I was looking through some old posts today, searching for a song, when I realized I had totally forgotten about the tough time we were about to enter this time last year. Let me explain.

John and his Dad started a business in the beginning of 2007. It was a good idea. It was a great location. But the rent was awful and the economy bad. So, they didn't make it. In 2008, they sold the business to the restaurant next door, and closed up shop. I mentioned, in passing, his unemployment. That lasted four months. In July, John started his new job. And he loves it. And he's great at it. All I've heard for the last six months is how glad everyone on staff is that John has joined their team. I'm proud, so I thought I would brag.

It's crazy that we moved down here three years ago, on faith. We didn't have a job, or a house. We just knew it was time to leave MD. We found our church a month after we moved. It's the only place we visited. We had a list of 2 or 3 we'd seen online that we wanted to check out, but after we visited Providence one time, we knew. So, we came back, and a few weeks later we joined. Then we found a Life Group, where John made a connection that finally got him a job. He started working for Pilot in May, and I started working part time, as an administrative assistant, at Providence. (I helped write the copy on that homepage, b-t-w.) Then we bought a house, took a vacation, and I got pregnant. I kept my job until Benjamin was born, which happened the week before John and his Dad started their new business.

Which brings us back to where I started. God knew the circle we were making. He leads the way and walks beside us as we travel. And even though I miss my friends from MD, I know this is where we are supposed to be. It's a comfort to me today to be able to look back and see goodness. May it help me rest where I am, be content, and enjoy life NOW.

5 comments:

The Morrison Girls said...

That's pretty cool.

ked said...

and you deserve that, to enjoy.

tamsaunt said...

Nene told me years ago (when a relationshp didn't work out) that you have to have the bad times in order to recognize and enjoy the good ones. I'm glad you're in a good now.

Doubtful Muse said...

She told me that too (the thing about having the bad times to recognize the good), but it took me forever to appreciate what it meant. The bad times are hard to take, but getting through them definitely brings you things to be thankful for. May your good times last for a good long time!

Rachel said...

It's always great to be able to look back and see the reasons for all the times of uncertainty and stress. Thank God that he weaves all things together for his purposes!