3/10/10

Misty Water-colored Memories

While we were living in Maryland, I got to attend the Renaissance Festival a few times. I'd never even heard of such a thing before, so this was a totally new experience for me -- and I LOVED it. Lots of food, lots of Elizabethan costumes and trinkets to spend money on (henna tattoos anyone?), plus lots of interesting people to watch equals one, sometimes two, very fun Saturday(s) in the Fall. Of course, the money disappears quickly on food and drink when you're about five months pregnant, or you happen to visit rennfest on an Indian summer kind of day, so I don't have too many souvenirs from those trips.

But there was one trip when we held onto our money a little longer, and I was able to buy a small watercolor painting from a shop that I really liked. The other day Benjamin asked me about that piece, hanging on the wall in our bathroom. He couldn't see it very well from his three-year old height and wanted to know what the picture was. While I was explaining to him I had a thought: I wonder if this artist has a website.

I'm happy to report that I found Ms. Stephanni Scott very easily. Now, I'm no expert on the visual arts, but I know what I like, and am happy to provide you with a link to check it out for yourself.  My favorite pieces are her cityscapes, and the one I have looks a bit like an old English cathedral at night. So why don't you hop on over and report back here to let me know what you think. Hopefully you'll see something you like too. Cheers!

2 comments:

Teela said...

Janna,I like your picture better than any I saw on her website. The poppie and the Sienna were nice.

Shirley said...

I'm with your Mom. I like your pic best, but the Irises were nice also.