8/22/11

Watch my heart set sail

John used to make me mix tapes. Yes, tapes, that's how long we've been together. He made them for all his friends, and a John Barber mix was indeed a treasured gift. After our first date, he gave me a tape with great songs like "Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera, and "Secret Garden" by Bruce Springsteen.We both said "I love you" one night in January, and by March we began talking about when we would get married. For Valentine's Day that year, he gave me a tape with just one song.

This Saturday, we'll be driving over to see some very special friends tie the knot. I woke up thinking about their happy day and was reminded of this little gem. To Pete and Jennifer! Hip-hip!


3 comments:

Lauren said...

This was the wedding song for one of my best friends from high school, and I have loved it ever since her wedding in 2002. Beautiful!
And a good mix tape is indeed a thing of beauty. :)

Pete said...

One of my favorites :)

Ann said...

Doug made mix tapes, too! :-) Ah, true love!