10/28/11

The Post of a New Generation!

Welcome, smurfs and smurfettes, to my very first 11th post! It's only taken me five and a half years. What is an 11th post, you ask? Well, if you look over to the column on your right, you'll see a drop down list of archives entitled Previous Posts. Now, if you open that list, you'll see (in parentheses) the amount of posts for every month since I first started this blog. As you can see, each month is followed by a number which is equal to, or less than -- mostly less than, ten. So, although I've posted exactly 247 times since March of 2006, this is the first month I've ever passed ten.

Woo hoo!! Time for a celebration of exclamatory proportions! And what better way to celebrate this wondrous achievement than to take a poll? So, today I'd like for you to vote on which costume I should wear to take my kids trick-or-treating on Monday.

Last fall I found a fabulous black coat at a Goodwill store in Nashville for only $2. Since then, I have used it to wear 3 different costumes. The first was at our church's Volunteer Banquet, which had a movie theme.

I was Trinity from "The Matrix" but at the last minute I ditched the coat in favor of leather, so it 's not actually in this photo, but you get the picture. Can you guess who my friend Susan was?


Then, in July, my son Sam and I went to see the midnight premiere of the final Harry Potter movie and I attempted a Tonks costume. I borrowed the wig from the prop room at Providence, but to me it looks a little more Cyndi Lauper than Nymphadora the Auror.


Finally, on Tuesday, I wore the jacket to work for a pirate costume and the outfit made me think of Finn Button, the main character from one of my favorite books.  I didn't get a picture, but my friend Rebecca Reynolds let me borrow this awesome sketch so you could get an idea of what she looks like.

Now, as Michael and Pepsi used to say, the choice is up to you. Which one do you pick? Choosing only takes a minute, but that minute will affect my entire Halloween, so choose wisely. And leave your vote in the comments, please. Thanks! Have a great weekend!!

9 comments:

lydwill4 said...

Trinity!

Alyssa said...

Ooh, that Trinity getup is pretty slick. But Fin - I would love to see that!

John Barber said...

Fin Button. Easy choice.

Pellissippi Lodge 230 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil B. said...

I'm with John...Fin Button seems to be where your heart is, so go with it.

Anonymous said...

Write-in: Shaft

Pete said...

Fin Button. Clearly.

Jen said...

Oh dear... what a decision. I mean, Fin would be awesome. But Tonks, the best auror ever! But...

Okay. Fin. Gotta represent the Rabbits. :)

Leanne said...

Fin. :)