10/17/11

Tempting

Halloween is only two weeks away, so today I thought I would post the lyrics to the scariest rock song I know. Seriously, it creeps me out -- even more than "If" by Bread. Trouble is, I really really like it. The song's called "Hell is Chrome" and it belongs to a band named Wilco. Enjoy a few skin-tingling chills on this lovely autumn Monday ... if you dare.

When the devil came
He was not red
He was chrome, and he said

Come with me
You must go
So I went
Where everything was clean
So precise and towering

I was welcomed
With open arms
I received so much help in every way
I felt no fear
I felt no fear

The air was crisp
Like sunny late winter days
A springtime yawning high in the haze
And I felt like I belonged
Come with me

Come with me
Come with me
Come with me
Come with me
Come with me
Come with me
Come with me 

4 comments:

tricia prinzi said...

Hey, now. Don't you go dissin' Bread. They are the premier hit making monsters of the 70s. (I can't even say this with a straight face). You're right about this whole devil and chrome business, though. C to the Reepy.

Anonymous said...

dang...what happened to the randy travis-janna? :)

Janna Barber said...

Tricia, Not all Bread is terrible, I guess. That "bwoing" that echoes through the whole song though, along with how they "simply fly away" at the end, totally used to freak me out when I heard that song as a kid. Thanks for stopping by and making me smile!

Anon, That girl still has a soft spot for "Forever and Ever, Amen" but she rarely listens to country these days. Question for you: How long are you going to remain anonymous? Go on and get yoself a profile, now!

Anonymous said...

:)