6/9/12

I'll never be a runner at this rate, but at least I'll be able to smell the evening flowers...

Earlier this evening I went for a walk. Along the way -- twice I think -- I jogged for a minute or two. I also stopped in the middle of my walk at a deserted meadow to think and write and pray. Then I found a path through some trees and ended up climbing into one. Between the climbing and the running attempts, my quads got confused. It's been quite some time since they've been flexed that much, and now I'm paying for it.

On the way to that resting place I listened to the outdoors. On the way home, I listened to two songs on repeat. The first was "Orphans of God" and the second was this. Between the tears and the music, my anxiety found release. It's been awhile since I let out so much emotion in one fell swoop, and now I'm reveling in the ease their departure has wrought.

Every now and then, it's good to overload the senses with true, natural beauty. That's my kind of cleansing. Soul deep.

2 comments:

Mark Currey said...

buddy and julie are pretty good source for healing... even if i try to listen inside the house!

The Lively Christian said...

It's good to know that full-grown adults still climb trees, and pause to enjoy quiet meadows. Wordsworth would be proud.