6/27/13

)part of the disease(

Yep, I did those parentheses backwards. It was a mistake at first, but then I liked the way it looked so I left it. And the words came to me from a song by Coldplay. That’s ok, too. No really, it is. Don’t be frightened – it doesn’t mean anything at all. I promise. This isn't like an episode of Lost where everything has to mean something. I just identified with it a few minutes ago after writing paragraph five. Yep, that came before this one. It’s okay to skip around when you’re writing, right? And you should never start with a title.

Maybe. Ok, let’s try starting from the beginning again …

Back when I first started this blog, I thought I could be a funny kind of writer. And I posted some pretty goofy things. But lately I’ve narrowed in on the serious, the important, the this-will-change-people! kind of writing. I still love that kind of stuff, but I think it’s worn me out. I want to be funny again. I want to have fun. This Rainbow place is supposed to be light and happy. Yes, I did put Dull in the name, but even that was originally supposed to be a joke.

The other thing that used to happen some on this blog is that there used to be comments. Never a lot, mind you, but some. I know that commenting in general has died down on the internet, so I’m not blaming anyone. We’ve become lazy screen watchers who can’t even type words anymore. Thanks to Facebook, all we’re good for is a thumbs-up click, even when our best friends have a baby. Still, I want this to be a place for conversation. Otherwise, it’s just me talking to myself in public, which let’s face it, can be awkward.

So here’s what I’ve decided. I’m going to give myself a month or so to get things rolling again here and if after that I’m not feeling happier about this space, I’m going to shut her down and do something different. Maybe I should do that right now. Maybe I should’ve done it months ago, but I have a hard time letting things go. Just ask my husband. I have two speeds. One is slow and the other is slower. I just need time to process.

If you’re one of the few who’ve been here from the beginning, I can’t thank you enough for coming here again and again over the last 7 years. If you’re a fairly new visitor who thinks I sound a little off. You’re right! Stick around a bit and I’ll show you just how strange I can be.

For now, I leave you with this: Five points to the first person who guesses the song I'm referencing with this picture. (No, the points don't get you anything -- I'm not the kind of blogger who just gives things away for free! Not yet anyway.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sundown... And u are part of the cure. Good luck with everything